Suregrip appreciates that your security and privacy concerns are important. Our e-commerce functionality is provided by GTP-iCommerce. This page tells you about our internet security and how you can check that we encrypt and protect the privacy of your credit card details during and after ordering.
Before PAYMENT information entered on a GTP iCommerce order page is transmitted across the internet, it is first encrypted by an extremely rigorous algorithm called RC4 128 bit (SSL v3.0) which is proven as secure for online shopping and e-commerce. This encryption method is actually more secure than providing your credit card number over the phone - something many of us do without hesitation.
There are several indicators of a secure web page. The first is the http:// prefix on the URL. If this is present it indicates that the connection is secure and encrypted. The URL is visible in the address bar at the top of your browser.
The second indicator of a secure page depends on your browser. Most modern browsers (including Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox and Netscape) display a small padlock or key in a lower corner of your screen. When this is closed or highlighted, the page is secure.
GTP's digital key, required for secure web page encryption was provided by Thawte. Thawte performs a comprehensive background check on any company before issuing a digital key.
You can confirm the authenticity of our key by doing the following
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 3: From the file menu, select properties, then click on the security tab to bring up details of the digital ID.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 4: Click on the gold padlock to bring up details of the digital ID.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later: Double click on the gold padlock to bring up details of the digital ID.
- Netscape Navigator 3: Click on the gold key in the lower left corner and Show Document Info on the Security Information page. Under Certificate, view our Digital ID details.
- Netscape Communicator or Later: Click on the gold padlock in the lower left hand corner and the View Certificate button on the Security Information page.
- Firefox: Double click on the gold padlock in the lower left hand corner and the 'View' button on the Security Information panel.
Once sent to us your credit card number is stored in an encrypted format in a password protected area until processed and deleted.
If you are still not comfortable sending your credit card details across the internet, you can fill out your details on the order page as normal, then on the final page print the order. Then you can fax the order to us with your credit card details written on, or phone us and make your order over the phone.